The Account Executive’s responsibilities include selling products and maintaining customer relationships within a territory of school library accounts.
OverDrive, a leading provider and distributer of digital content, is looking to expand our sales team focused on K12 school systems.
- Prospect School and District administrators at K-12 School Districts within an assigned geographical territory.
- Maintain a high level of cold calling and selling with accounts in assigned territory.
- Sell new OverDrive contracts to these defined districts.
- Meet or exceed revenue quota goals on a quarterly and annual basis.
- First contact for customers and potential customers by answering incoming phone calls and emails. Field questions and respond to initial contacts.
- Meet or exceed revenue quota goals on a quarterly and yearly basis.
- Drive demand in assigned territory through focused telephone campaigns, seminars, web casts and other innovative demand generation activities.
- Proactive follow up and nurturing of leads to opportunities.
- Create new opportunities while developing and maintaining an understanding of assigned territory, customers, prospects and partners.
- Demonstrated ability to address each customer inquiry, providing proper information and solutions based on the customer’s needs and interest.
- Maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction with accounts in assigned territory.
- Keep accurate forecasting utilizing a Customer Relationship Management sales tool.
- Attend tradeshows and industry events, as well as key sales meetings.
- Minimum of 3-7 years of sales experience with proven results in a quota-oriented environment, preferably in a the K12/Education market.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Outbound sales call and account management experience.
- Experience making outbound sales calls as well as account management experience.
- Must acquire and maintain knowledge of OverDrive’s products and strategies, competitors and software/mobile devices.
- Excellent presentation skills both in person and via web cast.
- Effective communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills with excellent cold calling skills.
- Detail oriented, enthusiastic and quick learner.
- Positive, professional, customer-focused demeanor.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
As you’ve probably guessed, OverDrive is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else, we don’t even want you to be like us—we want you to be like you! So if you’re interested in joining the OverDrive team, email us your resume at email@example.com and tell us what inspires you about OverDrive and why you think you are perfect for our team.
OverDrive values diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.