The Account Specialist’s responsibilities include managing the development of content identification and acquisition towards the goal of expanding and maintaining the catalog of eBook, audio book, music, and video available for Content Reserve.
- Establish, develop and maintain relationships with content partners including book publishers, audio book publishers, record labels, show producers, mobile content houses, content aggregators and other rights holders.
- Structure, negotiate, obtain approval and close licensing and partnering agreements with assistance of legal counsel and executives of OverDrive.
- Track and monitor content acquisition efforts.
- Interface with and coordinate input from multiple OverDrive departments, in particular Content Sales, Marketing, and Legal.
- Some travel is part of the job (attending trade shows, possible customer visits, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- 1+ years of related experience (sales, acquisition, management and licensing).
- Confident and energetic; professional and team-oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Awareness of digital platforms and products and digital rights management currently on the market.
- Excellent customer service and listening skills.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment with strong time management & organization skills.
- Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
As you’ve probably guessed, OverDrive is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else, we don’t even want you to be like us—we want you to be like you! So if you’re interested in joining the OverDrive team, email us your resume at email@example.com and tell us what inspires you about OverDrive and why you think you are perfect for our team.
OverDrive values diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.