The Accounting Assistant’s responsibilities include data entry, communication with internal and external contacts, and providing general accounting support. This role handles setup and maintenance of customer accounts, invoicing, credit card processing and cash application.
- Accounts Receivable: Process customer invoices, cash receipts and credit card payments.
- Customer Set Up: Set up new customers and maintain accurate, up-to-date information for existing customers.
- Partner Support: Answer phones, emails, ticketing system cases
- General accounting department support: data entry, filing, etc.
- 0 – 3 years of related experience.
- Associate degree in Accounting, or equivalent experience preferred
- Strong customer service skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and initiative with a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to complete assigned tasks and objectives, meet timelines, and provide updates.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel.
- Experience with Great Plains and Salesforce/High-volume processing desired.
As you’ve probably guessed, OverDrive is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else, we don’t even want you to be like us—we want you to be like you! So if you’re interested in joining the OverDrive team, email us your resume at email@example.com and tell us what inspires you about OverDrive and why you think you are perfect for our team.