The Analyst’s responsibilities include partnering with the Specialist to assist public library or school library customers in developing their digital media library and maximizing OverDrive’s sales and market share.
- Partner with a Specialist to proactively manage the library client experience for optimal value and utility for accounts within the territory.
- Support the Specialists with title lists and promotions to customers.
- Create collection lists and packages in Marketplace.
- Support sales campaigns and incentives to meet sales goals.
- Write for OverDrive Blogs.
- Provide back-end research and data to the Specialist to help proactively drive revenue growth.
- Analyze usage patterns, local demographics, publisher specials, etc. for the purpose of suggesting high value content purchases for key accounts.
- Attend and work Digital Bookmobile events.
- Data entry of library information into OverDrive databases.
- Assist with title selection for OverDrive marketing materials.
- Occasionally assist with merchandising content, new titles and promotions.
- Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent experience required. Master degree in Library Science or related field preferred.
- 1 – 5 years of applicable experience (i.e., library work, marketing, customer relations, etc.).
- Ability to act independently to manage and deliver analyzed data on specified accounts to Account Executive.
- Detail oriented with strong technical aptitude.
- Strong knowledge of books and a love for reading.
- Ability to conduct extensive research on new and existing book titles.
- Demonstrated ability to complete assigned tasks and objectives, meet timelines, and provide updates.
- Strong knowledge of publishing and / or library industry.
- Strong problem solving, consulting, and prioritization skills.
- Knowledge of book merchandising.
- Displays initiative and creativity.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Foreign language skills, a plus, (Mandarin, Japanese, French, Spanish, German)
As you’ve probably guessed, OverDrive is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else, we don’t even want you to be like us—we want you to be like you! So if you’re interested in joining the OverDrive team, email us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what inspires you about OverDrive and why you think you are perfect for our team.
OverDrive values diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.