The Account Executive’s responsibilities include selling products and maintaining customer relationships within a territory of school and / or public library accounts.
- First contact for customers and potential customers by answering incoming phone calls and emails. Field questions and respond to initial contacts.
- Meet or exceed revenue quota goals on a quarterly and yearly basis.
- Drive demand in assigned territory through focused telephone campaigns, seminars, web casts and other innovative demand generation activities.
- Proactive follow up and nurturing of leads to opportunities.
- Create new opportunities while developing and maintaining an understanding of assigned territory, customers, prospects and partners.
- Demonstrated ability to address each customer inquiry, providing proper information and solutions based on the customer’s needs and interest.
- Maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction with accounts in assigned territory.
- Keep accurate forecasting utilizing a Customer Relationship Management sales tool.
- Attend Tradeshows and Industry events in assigned US territories.
- 1 – 5 years of inside sales experience with proven results in a quota-oriented environment and understanding of technology and industry terms.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience making outbound sales calls as well as account management experience.
- Must acquire and maintain knowledge of OverDrive’s products and strategies, competitors and software/mobile devices.
- Excellent presentation skills both in person and via web cast.
- Effective communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills with excellent cold calling skills.
- Detail oriented, enthusiastic and quick learner.
- Positive, professional, customer-focused demeanor.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience in sales for the Publishing, Library/School/Educational products industries or digital media sales are a plus.
- Salesforce technology