The Software Tester’s responsibilities include performing quality assurance testing on internally developed software applications, systems, and websites, as well as compatibility testing with other supported applications and platforms.
- Responsible for development of test strategies and creation of appropriate tests harnesses.
- Work closely with Developers to understand the product and track, report, and verify bugs.
- Show creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness.
- Testing web-based applications in a high-availability, high performance and large scale environment.
- Create and perform functional, usability, platform compatibility, and stress tests on software applications, systems, and web sites.
- Write automated scripts to perform stress tests, and performance tests.
- Bachelor degree in computer science or related field.
- 1 – 5 years’ experience in a technical environment.
- Experience developing automated tests.
- Experience validating high traffic consumer facing applications on embedded communications platform.
- Experience designing and implementing testing tools and systems.
- Clearly articulate technical challenges and solutions.
- Understand the basic concept and workflow of software development and quality assurance.
- Strong organizational skills, tracking multiple test executions simultaneously and are able to synthesize the results.
- Willingness to ask questions and suggest improvements.
- Ability to understand technical specifications and analyze log files.
- Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
- Expert knowledge of QA methodology and industry-standard testing and bug tracking tools.
- Proven ability to create, execute, and maintain comprehensive test plans.
- Enthusiasm to dig into technical specifications and to troubleshoot problems.
- Familiarity with and successful experience using AGILE software development methodologies.
- Interest in eBook and mobile technology.
As you’ve probably guessed, OverDrive is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else, we don’t even want you to be like us—we want you to be like you! So if you’re interested in joining the OverDrive team, email us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what inspires you about OverDrive and why you think you are perfect for our team.