The Software Tester’s responsibilities include performing quality assurance testing on internally developed software applications, systems, and websites, as well as compatibility testing with other supported applications and platforms. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for development of test strategies and creation of appropriate tests harnesses.
- Work closely with Developers to understand the product and track, report, and verify bugs.
- Show creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness.
- Testing web-based applications in a high-availability, high performance and large scale environment.
- Create and perform functional, usability, platform compatibility, and stress tests on software applications, systems, and web sites.
- Write automated scripts to perform stress tests, and performance tests.
- Bachelor degree in computer science or related field.
- 1 – 5 years’ experience in a technical environment.
- Experience developing automated tests.
- Experience validating high traffic consumer facing applications on embedded communications platform.
- Experience designing and implementing testing tools and systems.
- Clearly articulate technical challenges and solutions.
- Understand the basic concept and workflow of software development and quality assurance.
- Strong organizational skills, tracking multiple test executions simultaneously and are able to synthesize the results.
- Willingness to ask questions and suggest improvements.
- Ability to understand technical specifications and analyze log files.
- Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
- Expert knowledge of QA methodology and industry-standard testing and bug tracking tools.
- Proven ability to create, execute, and maintain comprehensive test plans.
- Enthusiasm to dig into technical specifications and to troubleshoot problems.
- Familiarity with and successful experience using AGILE software development methodologies.
- Selenium RC.
- Interest in eBook and mobile technology.