The Systems Administrator’s responsibilities include effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, servers and related infrastructure. Additionally, this position participates in technical research, evaluation, and documentation to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This position ensures that system hardware, operating systems, and related procedures adhere to IT Standards as set within the team.
- Monitor server performance stats and ensure uptime by alerting based on poor performance metrics in accordance with the OverDrive monitoring policies.
- Perform asset management/maintenance functions for in scope servers.
- Coordinate vendor related activities associated with the support of in-scope servers.
- Coordinate with vendor and other support teams to install and replace all field serviceable components for failed production hardware.
- Govern production readiness process to ensure that all new and repurposed server installations are properly monitored, backed up and covered by proper support documentation.
- Responsible for 24/7 support coverage for all in scope servers.
- Able to create and maintain documentation for servers and other technology solutions within the environment in accordance with Governance and Compliance policies.
- Work with Backup Operator to ensure that all critical data is properly backed up on a timely and regular basis and secured.
- Administer the Active Directory, users, groups and roles for systems access, e-mail and other systems availability following Microsoft best practices.
- Participate in after-hours maintenance activities to support our environment.
- Support network and server technologies required for application and database systems.
- Follow change control policies and procedures and supports the practice of continuous improvement.
- Maintain and support the Microsoft Exchange email environment.
- Responsible for Triage coverage on ITSupport queue.
- Able to work with changing deadlines, conflicting priorities, and users of all levels of technical skill.
- Coordinate with hardware and software vendors for service and support needs and problem resolution.
- Associates in Computer Information Services or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years of experience with systems and processes.
- Strong documentation and communication skills.
- Basic understanding of the application and the use of LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, and other network topologies and technology infrastructures.
- Able to take ownership of Servers, Systems, and Portals.
- Experience configuring and maintaining SAN storage
- Ability to communicate IT concepts to a variety of co-workers of multiple backgrounds and levels of technical expertise in an effective manner.
- Ability to successfully prioritize co-work requests with time sensitive tasks and long term projects.