The UI/UX Designer’s responsibilities include designing the user interface (UI) of various OverDrive software products and websites to ensure a quality user experience (UX).
- Develop and adhere to a process for prototyping and implementing the UI for software / website features in accordance with UX and UI standards.
- Independently address issues that affect UI / UX development.
- Work on small projects with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Work on larger projects with guidance and supervision.
- Basic R&D to create and apply new features / services to software within current framework.
- Produce detailed interaction design specifications for the product development team.
- Bachelor degree in related field, or equivalent experience.
- 1 – 5 years of design experience, designing highly interactive and marketable UXs and UIs.
- Experience in user interface (UI) requirements / best practices and creation of a quality user experience (UX), as well as Human Factors theory.
- Experience with user interface design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to software and web-based applications.
- Experience with wireframe and story board creation, preparing UI design for mobile and web platform development teams.
- Willingness to learn and take on new challenges and responsibilities.
- Ability to work across teams to understand customer needs as part of the development of meaningful and intuitive UI / UX.
- Exceptional organizational skills and initiative. Demonstrated ability to complete assigned tasks and objectives, meet timelines, and provide updates.
- Proficient / experience with design best practices for iOS, Android, Windows Phone, OSX, Windows, and web-based solutions.
Please Include a link to your online portfolio. Resumes without an online portfolio will not be considered.