The Communications Manager’s responsibilities include managing the Communications team, coordinating with the sales team, and developing and driving outbound messaging including direct marketing, sales support, advertising, public relations and webinars, and digital initiatives such as social media, e-newsletters and website copy.
- Manage the Communications team, including PR Specialist, Marketing Communications Specialist(s), and Social Media Specialist. This includes delegating work and prioritizing marketing projects as well as hiring, training and development, coaching and performance management (i.e., creating and delivering performance reviews).
- Work with Director of Marketing to develop marketing communications strategy.
- Develop strong messaging for corporate and sales campaigns; monitor and maintain usage of that messaging throughout all communications efforts.
- Lead Public Relations efforts including managing the PR Specialist and represent OverDrive to the key media, vendors, etc.
- Responsible for reporting on KPIs relative to PR and Communications initiatives.
- Provide insight on messaging for marketing campaigns as a part of the Campaign Advisory Committee. This includes making recommendations on message, channel, and strategic timing of various marketing efforts to coincide with a campaign.
- Develop internal processes to improve efficiencies and results.
- Research and understand key drivers in target markets including public, school and corporate libraries, publishing and retail.
- Research software and tools for media outreach, content production, social media efforts and others as appropriate. Maintain relationships with these vendors and negotiate contracts.
- Act as administrator and/or coach for blogging, social media, content creation and public relations platforms and software.
- Facilitate communications team meetings.
- Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent experience (marketing, communications, journalism).
- 5+ years of applicable experience (i.e., marketing / public relations).
- Excellent leadership skills; management experience preferred.
- Ability to work closely with top management and external stakeholders with tact
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; ability to edit for grammar, punctuation, style, and corporate voice.
- Comprehensive marketing communications background (knowledgeable of marketing principals including: integrated marketing; media relations including social media; web analytics; web/email; advertising; proper channels for disseminating marketing messages).
- Attention to detail; excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft office suite.
As you’ve probably guessed, OverDrive is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else, we don’t even want you to be like us—we want you to be like you! So, if you’re interested in joining the OverDrive team, email us your resume at email@example.com and tell us what inspires you about OverDrive and why you think you are perfect for our team.
OverDrive values diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.