The Corporate Recruiter’s responsibilities include coordinating all facets of the recruitment process for open positions. This is achieved through the development of a recruiting plan for each assigned open position, employing traditional sourcing strategies and resources, developing and implementing new approaches, completing background checks, making offers of employment, and maintaining position and applicant / candidate documentation.
- Process job requisitions; collect pertinent information for open positions.
- Develop recruiting plan for open positions (i.e., job board(s) to utilize, timing of postings, additional sourcing resources necessary, etc.) taking into consideration business need and recruitment budget constraints.
- Develop job postings conducive to applicable job boards adhering to internal procedures.
- Place job posting on applicable job boards and OverDrive’s career web page; share via other networking avenues as appropriate.
- Qualify resumes based on skill-set, experience, and educational requirements.
- Conduct initial phone screens as directed.
- Coordinate in-person interviews with hiring manager and other interviewees.
- Facilitate the completion of employment application and background check authorization form for all interviewees.
- Conduct reference checks.
- Submit background investigation documentation to vendor for processing. Coordinate any related processes.
- Obtain approval to make job offers confirming salary and any non-standard benefits.
- Draft offer letter for approval.
- Extend verbal and written contingent job offers.
- Complete weekly Employment Activity Report.
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts to help identify and source qualified candidates (i.e., LinkedIn, professional associations, user groups, etc.).
- Represent OverDrive at job fairs and tech conferences.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with Managers and Directors.
- Assist with internship program.
- Promote employee referral program to new hires and to current employees.
- Bachelor degree in related field; HR certification or Master’s degree preferred.
- 1 – 3 years recruiting experience; experience in a technical /IT industry preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, networking sites (i.e., LinkedIn, FaceBook, etc.) and other technical recruitment sites (i.e., Dice, Stack Overflow, etc.).
- Exceptional communication (written and oral) / listening skills.
- Solid organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of negotiating tactics.
- Knowledge of labor laws specific to recruitment practices.
- Aptitude for working with a range of roles and personalities.
- Tolerance for ambiguity, unknowns, and rapidly shifting priorities.
As you’ve probably guessed, OverDrive is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else, we don’t even want you to be like us—we want you to be like you! So if you’re interested in joining the OverDrive team, email us your resume at email@example.com and tell us what inspires you about OverDrive and why you think you are perfect for our team.
OverDrive values diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.