The Front End Web Designer’s responsibilities include providing design and development for OverDrive marketing web initiatives, including corporate branding, product marketing, and marketing for other departments as needed. This position utilizes creativity and innovative ideas and concepts to create promotional materials and corporate brand in appropriate formats. In addition, an understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development and deployment, with some back-end knowledge, is important.
- Develop functional and appealing web and mobile-based applications based on usability
- Provide website maintenance and enhancements
- Use a combination of markup languages to write web pages
- Write functional requirement documents and specifications
- Create quality mockups and prototypes on tight timelines
- Assist back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Create cascading style sheets (CSS) that are consistent across all browsers and platforms
- Maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the product’s interface
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Promote usability best practices
- Associate degree in Design/Development or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 0 – 3 years of web design experience preferably in a corporate setting.
- Basic development for the WordPress CMS system
- Creative with brand management / visual identity.
- Strong design technical computer knowledge / understanding of Responsive Design.
- Ability to produce final artwork from a concept.
- Good Color Theory and Composition skills.
- Attention to detail with excellent organizational skills.
- Creative, organized, open to input and suggestions.
- Able to manage tasks and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated creativity and ‘think-outside-the-box’ approach.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a brand visual identity system.
As you’ve probably guessed, OverDrive is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else, we don’t even want you to be like us—we want you to be like you! So, if you’re interested in joining the OverDrive team, email us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what inspires you about OverDrive and why you think you are perfect for our team.
OverDrive values diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.