The Graphic Designer’s responsibilities include providing design and production material in both print and digital media for OverDrive marketing initiatives, including corporate branding, product marketing, and marketing for other departments as needed. This position utilizes creativity, innovative ideas and concepts to create promotional materials and corporate brand assets in appropriate formats. The candidate should have experience and understanding of how marketing campaigns work.
- Create visual aspects of marketing materials, website assets and other media, including infographics.
- Consult with marketing, copywriting and sales teams to create cohesive designs that reflect our corporate cultures and goals.
- Independently and with the team utilize innovative ideas and concepts to create promotional materials, such as digital ads, email designs, brochures, posters and corporate brand elements to reach desired audience segments.
- Place print orders, prepare files and submit artwork for those orders.
- Create artwork for internal and external OverDrive marketing, such as tradeshow booths, informational sheets, advertisements, etc.
- Work on special projects and create designs as part of longer-term and reoccurring projects.
- Design all materials in a way as to support the OverDrive brand and/or its sub-brands.
- Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- 1 – 5 years related experience.
- Able to use specific design skills to produce art work to achieve internal and external marketing initiatives.
- Ability to work outside of the specific design role.
- Experience with InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, specifically with mockups, web design and multimedia presentation.
- Ability to prep artwork of offset printing.
- Ability to produce final artwork from a concept.
- Strong design technical computer knowledge / proficiency.
- Good Color Theory and Composition skills.
- Creative, organized, open to input and constructive criticism.
- Able to manage tasks and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated creativity and ‘think-outside-the-box’ approach.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a brand visual identity system.
As you’ve probably guessed, OverDrive is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else, we don’t even want you to be like us—we want you to be like you! So if you’re interested in joining the OverDrive team, email us your resume at email@example.com and tell us what inspires you about OverDrive and why you think you are perfect for our team.