The Generalist’s responsibilities include performing human resources related duties at the professional level and carries out responsibilities within the following functional areas: onboarding, benefits administration, professional development, and affirmative action and EEO reporting. May also assist with recruitment, payroll, HRIS, and / or other HR functions as necessary. This role ensures that the organization complies with all current applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
- Onboarding: Presents day one orientation presentation; responsible for orientation presentation and materials; benefits and policies & procedures sections during new hire orientation.
- Benefits Administration: Processes all benefit enrollments, changes, and terminations; invoicing (medical, dental, life, etc.), assist team members with benefit questions and / or issues, participates in renewal and open enrollment processes, ensures compliance calendar is maintained and deadlines are met, coordinates leaves of absence interpreting associated FMLA and ADA implications, administers workers compensation programs, administers mentoring program, completes benefits reporting as necessary utilizing HRIS.
- Recruitment: Assists as necessary with sourcing, running background checks, and reference checks.
- EEO & Affirmative Action Plan (AAP): Completes annual reporting, makes recommendations for the AAP and may assist with implementing changes to procedures impacting the Plan.
- HRIS: Creates and runs reports as necessary in ADP for various HR related projects.
- May assist with filing and file maintenance.
- As a member of the HR team, assists with all OD team events as needed; may require additional hours and/or weekend work at times.
- Bachelor degree in related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of benefits administration and affirmative action experience.
- CEBS and / or SHRM certifications strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of ERISA, FMLA, EEO / AA, ADEA, and other applicable federal and state employment laws.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong presentation skills.
- Superior computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- HRIS / Payroll Software experience required.
- Solid project management and process workflow skills.
As you’ve probably guessed, OverDrive is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else, we don’t even want you to be like us—we want you to be like you! So if you’re interested in joining the OverDrive team, email us your resume at email@example.com and tell us what inspires you about OverDrive and why you think you are perfect for our team.
OverDrive values diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.