The Integration Specialist’s responsibilities include providing support to partners for the authentication of end-users and the use of OverDrive’s external APIs. This role resolves requests related to supported technologies, troubleshoots technical issues, utilizes a support management system, and communicates partner issues to internal teams.
- Provide initial support to business partners for authentication failures, including monitoring authentication support queues and responding to troubleshooting requests via email and phone to assist business partner staff with technical issues and questions.
- Proactively monitor and troubleshoot authentication issues and work with internal teams and library technical contacts to resolve issues.
- Configure new accounts with Library Card Manager and EZproxy authentication methods.
- Work with Partner Services and Applications and Systems Development teams to improve existing workflows and/or implement new workflows. This includes escalating issues as appropriate and providing feedback garnered from interaction with business partners.
- Document new or revised troubleshooting steps and responses for use by Support Services.
- Use authentication utilities as required by business processes.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience.
- 0 – 3 years of related experience.
- Customer service experience, preferably in a technical environment.
- Detail-oriented with strong technical aptitude and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical procedures verbally and in writing with business partners and internal teams.
- Ability to collaborate with team members at all levels.
- Web and Internet technology experience required.
- Basic understanding of XML preferred.
As you’ve probably guessed, OverDrive is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else, we don’t even want you to be like us—we want you to be like you! So if you’re interested in joining the OverDrive team, email us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what inspires you about OverDrive and why you think you are perfect for our team.
OverDrive values diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.