The Technician’s responsibilities include ensuring workstation up-time for end users to access their business applications by supporting desktops, servers, network hardware, and software. Additional responsibilities may include support projects and other client support requirements including, but not limited to, desktops, servers, smart phones, operating systems, LAN/WAN, security, wireless, backups, disaster recovery, managed services, remote access, e-mail, collaboration, reporting, support issue management, and other areas as required.
- Co-Worker Assistance: set up of new users, assist existing users with issues including but not limited to: workstations, software, hardware, phone equipment, voice mail, access requirements, etc.
- Provide user orientation for new hires, covering current IT standards and processes.
- Provision new workstations, phones and servers.
- Manage, track and maintain all IT inventory, purchase supplies as needed with approval of IT Manager.
- Troubleshoot phone, software and hardware failures and identify network problems when they relate to PCs.
- Software and systems installations following OverDrive change management policies.
- Participate in after-hours maintenance activities to support our environment.
- Creating and updating self-help documentation.
- Mac Experience.
- Associate degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 1 – 4 years of related experience (help desk / end user support, network systems, server maintenance, etc.).
- Knowledge with several operating systems, programs, and equipment (MS Windows Server and Workstation Platforms, MS Exchange, Active Directory, MS Office, MS Sharepoint, Mac, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Well organized with a strong attention to detail and an ability to prioritize tasks and work independently.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Prefer experience with basic networking knowledge (protocols, WAN / LAN, client / server).
As you’ve probably guessed, OverDrive is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else, we don’t even want you to be like us—we want you to be like you! So if you’re interested in joining the OverDrive team, email us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what inspires you about OverDrive and why you think you are perfect for our team.
OverDrive values diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.