The Marketing & Events Specialist’s responsibilities include varying degrees of planning, organizing, and managing activities related to OverDrive’s Digital Bookmobile community outreach events (approximately 150 events each year). Responsibilities include, building the Digital Bookmobile tour route, participating at events, collaborating internally and with OverDrive library and school partners in effort to produce effective community event strategies, serving as a liaison with transportation and logistics partner and coordinating logistics and plans for each event. This position also tracks expenses as compared to budget.
- Assist with the strategy and plans for the Digital Bookmobile community outreach events (staffing, budget, marketing plans, etc.).
- Secure event locations ensuring that insurance and safety obligations are adhered to.
- Work closely with Digital Media Event Specialist to ensure smooth operations and execution for each event.
- Travel to and participate at Digital Bookmobile events at least 25% of year.
- Lead marketing conversations with OverDrive library and school partners to develop effective marketing plans for each event.
- Plan and coordinate related program activities including educational presentations, hands-on workshops and/or demonstrations.
- Identify staffing needs and ensure all events are staffed with trained team members.
- Coordinate with the Communications team and host library to promote event and prepare the needed materials.
- Research markets to develop and implement innovative approaches to improve events.
- Book travel.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience.
- 0 – 3 years of relevant experience (i.e., event planning, marketing, etc.).
- Excellent organizational and time management skills including significant attention to detail
- Positive, professional, customer-service oriented personality
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously.
- Must demonstrate effective oral communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with internal and external customers.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel & Word.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce and WordPress is a plus.
As you’ve probably guessed, OverDrive is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else, we don’t even want you to be like us—we want you to be like you! So, if you’re interested in joining the OverDrive team, email us your resume at email@example.com and tell us what inspires you about OverDrive and why you think you are perfect for our team.
OverDrive values diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.