The Metadata Specialist’s responsibilities include engaging with digital media suppliers and coordinating the delivery and upload of supplier metadata and content files (ebook, audiobook, music, video, and software) to an OverDrive custom database. The main day-to-day responsibility of the Metadata Specialist is to vet and prepare assets received from suppliers for import into OverDrive systems. The Metadata Specialist also addresses publisher questions, creates and maintains publisher documentation, and coordinates the timely and recurring upload of content to the OverDrive system.
- Metadata preparation – aggregation, normalization, quality assurance, and/or “clean-up” of supplier metadata to comply with OverDrive cataloging standards.
- Supplier Support – work with suppliers addressing questions and/or issues with ingestion, metadata or format files utilizing a support ticket management system to track asset deliveries and projects.
- Communicate supplier concerns and requests to technical staff.
- Work with Business Development to manage new relationships and streamline workflows and processes for existing suppliers.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, proofreading, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Understanding of web-browsing and Internet use.
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office Suite).
- 1 – 3 years of related experience.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Microsoft Excel advanced features.
- Working knowledge of basic HTML and XML.
- Customer service and/or project management experience.
As you’ve probably guessed, OverDrive is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else, we don’t even want you to be like us—we want you to be like you! So if you’re interested in joining the OverDrive team, email us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what inspires you about OverDrive and why you think you are perfect for our team.
OverDrive values diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.