The Software Developer’s responsibilities include developing and supporting applications. Development responsibilities will require creating engaging multimedia programs that use web-connected technologies.
- Collaborate with other developers in updating and extending code for digital download and e-commerce websites.
- Design and implement web applications using ASP.NET.
- Program, develop, and produce applications that communicate through web services to a host data source.
- Work closely with team members and team leaders to create consistent, reusable, and maintainable code.
- Participate in the Full Development Life Cycle.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or other related field; or equivalent experience.
- Strategic thinker.
- Experience with object oriented analysis and design.
- C#, Java, C++ coding knowledge / experience.
- Knowledge of REST, SOAP, and HTTP protocols and other web service technologies.
- Experience with Microsoft ASP.NET, MVC, LINQ.
- Knowledge of SQL and relational database design.
- Familiarity with Unit Testing frameworks such as MSTest,NUnit, xUnit.
- Familiarity with IoC Containers such as Ninject, Autofac.
Our Tech Stack:
- Languages – C#, Ruby
- Web Frameworks – ASP.Net MVC, ASP.Net Web API, Ruby on Rails
- Cloud platforms – Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS
- SQL databases – SQL Server
- NoSQL databases – MongoDB, RavenDB, Azure Table Storage
- Caching – Redis, Memcached
- Search technologies – ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana, Solr, Lucene
- Source Control – Git, GitHub, Mercurial, Bitbucket
- Message queuing – RabbitMQ, Azure Service Bus, Amazon SQS, Azure Queues, MSMQ
- Server automation tools – Chef, Puppet, Vagrant
- Continuous Integration – TeamCity
- Mocking frameworks – RhinoMocks, Moq
- Testing frameworks – NUnit, AutoFixture
- IoC Containers – Ninject
- ORM tools – Dapper, Simple.Data
- Object mappers – Automapper
- Productivity Tools – Resharper
- Logging frameworks – Logstash, Kibana, NLog
As you’ve probably guessed, OverDrive is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else, we don’t even want you to be like us—we want you to be like you! So if you’re interested in joining the OverDrive team, email us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what inspires you about OverDrive and why you think you are perfect for our team.
OverDrive values diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.