The Solution Architect’s responsibilities include developing and supporting applications. Development responsibilities will require creating engaging multimedia programs that use web-connected technologies.
- Collaborate with other senior developers in updating and extending code for digital download and e-commerce websites.
- Design and implement web applications using ASP.NET.
- Ability to lead small teams of developers to accomplish project goals.
- Program, develop, and produce applications that communicate through web services to a host data source.
- Work closely with team members and team leaders to create consistent, reusable, and maintainable code.
- Participate in the Full Development Life Cycle.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or other related field; or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of hands-on systems software development experience in a Windows environment, experience consuming XML-based web services.
- Strategic thinker.
- Architecture skills include; conceptualization, patterns, modeling, design, etc.
- Managerial skills and abilities.
- Experience with object oriented analysis and design.
- C#, Java, C++ coding knowledge / experience.
- Knowledge of REST, SOAP, and HTTP protocols and other web service technologies.
- Experience with Microsoft ASP.NET, MVC, LINQ.
- Knowledge of SQL and relational database design.
- Familiarity with Unit Testing frameworks such as MSTest,NUnit, xUnit.
- Strong understanding of Rhino Mocks, Moq, Type Mock.
- Familiarity with IoC Containers such as Ninject, Autofac.
- Experience with using open source tools such as Lucene.NET, Auto Mapper, Dapper, etc.
- Knowledge of JQuery.
- Knowledge of NoSQL such as Memcached, MongoDB, Couch DB, Redis, etc.
- Knowledge of Socket Programming.
- Knowledge of multithreaded programming and debugging.
- Knowledge of Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Node.js.
Our Tech Stack:
- Languages – C#, Ruby
- Web Frameworks – ASP.Net MVC, ASP.Net Web API, Ruby on Rails
- Cloud platforms – Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS
- SQL databases – SQL Server
- NoSQL databases – MongoDB, RavenDB, Azure Table Storage
- Caching – Redis, Memcached
- Search technologies – ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana, Solr, Lucene
- Source Control – Git, GitHub, Mercurial, Bitbucket
- Message queuing – RabbitMQ, Azure Service Bus, Amazon SQS, Azure Queues, MSMQ
- Server automation tools – Chef, Puppet, Vagrant
- Continuous Integration – TeamCity
- Mocking frameworks – RhinoMocks, Moq
- Testing frameworks – NUnit, AutoFixture
- IoC Containers – Ninject
- ORM tools – Dapper, Simple.Data
- Object mappers – Automapper
- Productivity Tools – Resharper
- Logging frameworks – Logstash, Kibana, NLog
As you’ve probably guessed, OverDrive is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else, we don’t even want you to be like us—we want you to be like you! So if you’re interested in joining the OverDrive team, email us your resume at email@example.com and tell us what inspires you about OverDrive and why you think you are perfect for our team.