The Software Tester I responsibilities include evaluating mobile and web applications and back-end systems to review functionality and identify defects or potential design flaws. The individual analyzes products and specifications, develops, writes, and executes tests (manually or with tools), and assists developers to isolate and determine the source of defects. The Software Tester I also works with groups such as Product Management, UI / UX Designers, and Support Services to anticipate expected and desirable user experiences. This position participates in the software development process and operates within an Agile development environment.
- Perform manual testing, which may include exploratory, system, regression, compatibility, or integration testing for client facing products or back-end systems.
- Responsible for writing, executing, and maintaining test cases.
- Work closely with developers and product owners to understand the systems being tested.
- Work closely with developers to isolate and track bugs, and evaluate fixes.
- Develop and follow test plans for product releases.
- Work closely with developers to anticipate potential areas of failure or risk.
- Assist with training for new hires
- Act as lead tester for a project or system.
- Increase focus on stress testing.
- Create or use tools to supplement testing with automation.
- Compile test results of team for communication to developers and product owners.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 1 – 5 years of related experience in a technical environment.
- Experience using or creating automated testing tools.
- Ability to effectively communicate with various departments at multiple levels.
- Experience with Agile, Scrum, or another iterative development methodology.
- Familiarity with systems and products created and used by the company.
- Experience validating high traffic consumer facing applications.
- Experience configuring and using testing tools and systems.
- Ability to understand technical specifications and error logs.
- Ability to track multiple test executions simultaneously and consolidate the results.
- Suggests ways to improve processes to speed up team projects and improve efficiency.
- Exceptional organizational skills and initiative. Demonstrated ability to complete assigned tasks and objectives, meet timelines, and provide updates.
As you’ve probably guessed, OverDrive is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else, we don’t even want you to be like us—we want you to be like you! So if you’re interested in joining the OverDrive team, email us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what inspires you about OverDrive and why you think you are perfect for our team.
OverDrive values diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.