The Specialist’s responsibilities include maximizing OverDrive’s sales and market share by working with our public library and / or school library customers to assist in developing their digital media library. This position develops relationships with customers and works with libraries for ongoing collection development support.
- Manage installed base of library business in a defined geographical territory for revenue growth.
- Work with staff Analyst to strategically manage accounts through consultative selling to maximize our value proposition to the customer.
- Manage and forecast budgeting for key accounts.
- Assist clients with identifying and reallocating new budget sources to enhance spending on digital content.
- Communicate / interact with library partners.
- Assist with title selection for OverDrive marketing materials.
- Bachelor degree in related field, or equivalent experience.
- 1 – 5 years of consultative sales experience.
- Working knowledge of publishing and / or library industry.
- Confident and energetic; professional and team-oriented sales approach.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage cross group relationships within OverDrive (i.e., business development, marketing, product management, and development / engineering, etc.).
- Team player.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Outstanding Microsoft Office skills.
As you’ve probably guessed, OverDrive is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else, we don’t even want you to be like us—we want you to be like you! So if you’re interested in joining the OverDrive team, email us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what inspires you about OverDrive and why you think you are perfect for our team.