The Specialist’s responsibilities include providing support to end users and to business partners for end user products and services. This role answers and resolves requests related to supported applications, responds to problems that require technical support, utilizes support ticket management system, and communicates end-users’ issues to technical staff and account specialists. This position may work with other departments to perform testing, quality assurance or provide other assistance as needed.
- Provide support to end-users including monitoring support queues, responding to troubleshooting requests via email, remote pc support, and phone to assist end-users, retailers and library staff with technical issues and questions.
- Work with Content Metadata and Production teams to report, test and correct content file issues.
- Work with account services and development teams. This includes escalating issues as appropriate and providing feedback garnered from interaction with end-users.
- Document new or revised troubleshooting steps and responses for use by entire Support Services team.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience.
- 0 – 3 years of related experience.
- Customer service experience preferably in a technical environment.
- Strong communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with client contacts, outside vendors / contractors, end users, and internal staff.
- Ability to communicate technical procedures verbally and in writing.
- Detail oriented with strong technical aptitude.
- Problem solving skills.
- Excellent computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to speak and / or write in multiple languages preferred.
- Web and Internet technology experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of eBook, audiobook and / or mobile devices preferred.
As you’ve probably guessed, OverDrive is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else, we don’t even want you to be like us—we want you to be like you! So if you’re interested in joining the OverDrive team, email us your resume at email@example.com and tell us what inspires you about OverDrive and why you think you are perfect for our team.
OverDrive values diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.