The Systems Engineer’s responsibilities include ensuring the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the information systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by installing, monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all required hardware and software and associated operating systems. The Systems Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues to maximize the benefit of OverDrive systems investments.
- Collaborate with IT and Development staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes
- Work with OverDrive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
- Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation as it relates to OverDrive system configurations.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests of OverDrive systems for new and existing systems.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support as required.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience with network / systems operations and support of relevant hardware and software, or 2+ years of experience at OverDrive
- Strong leadership skills.
- Solid knowledge of industry standard practices and technical best practices.
- Advanced understanding of the application and the use of LAN, WAN, TCP / IP, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, and other network topologies and technology infrastructures.
- Able to take ownership of Servers, Systems, and Portals.
- Experience with scripting languages, such as PowerShell and C#
- Experience with Virtualization technologies, including VMware, Microsoft Azure and AWS.
As you’ve probably guessed, OverDrive is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else, we don’t even want you to be like us—we want you to be like you! So if you’re interested in joining the OverDrive team, email us your resume at email@example.com and tell us what inspires you about OverDrive and why you think you are perfect for our team.