The Manager’s responsibilities include ensuring that OverDrive’s partners and users are being provided world-class technical support for OverDrive software products and online services, while developing and improving processes and methodologies that support continued growth into new and international markets.
- Service: Provide OverDrive’s partners and users with an experience that delights and exceeds expectations. Ensure that inquiries received via support channels (email, support system, and phone) are handled in an appropriate, professional, friendly, and timely fashion. Deliver support within defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Quality: Ensure support is being handled according to OverDrive quality standards; provide assistance / guidance with high-level customer issues. Perform Quality Reviews (QRs) of resolved cases to monitor and improve quality and customer satisfaction.
- Management: Manage the team to ensure timely and appropriate responses to partner and / or end user inquiries via phone and email. Manage the department phone schedule and phone queue software. Schedule and deliver regular team meetings.
- Administration: Track and report Support Services team data, metrics, and KPIs (i.e., daily / weekly / monthly support reports and dashboards). Create and maintain department documentation, such as internal methodologies, processes, and support procedures / instructions. Review and approve time sheets on a weekly basis and complete performance reviews of team members.
- Process Improvement: Develop, review and recommend innovative practices / methods to improve the customer experience / satisfaction. Assist Director with special projects.
- Professional Development: Hires, trains, coaches, and develops team members. Manages and maintains all training materials, schedules, etc.
- Bachelor degree in IT, management, service, or a related field.
- 5+ years of applicable experience with customer service in a technical environment (device, software, or internet).
- 3-5 years of leadership / management experience, preferably in a technical support center environment.
- Previous experience managing a global customer service environment is preferred.
- Strong leadership, mentoring, and coaching skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to explain technical procedures verbally or in writing.
- Project management skills and an ability to establish methodologies and processes within a technical support center.
- Ability to collaborate with team members at all levels.
- Excellent computer proficiency with MS Office Suite and Salesforce.
As you’ve probably guessed, OverDrive is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else, we don’t even want you to be like us—we want you to be like you! So if you’re interested in joining the OverDrive team, email us your resume at email@example.com and tell us what inspires you about OverDrive and why you think you are perfect for our team.
OverDrive values diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.