The UX architect’s responsibilities include working in conjunction with the UI Designers, UI/UX Analysts, and dedicated Product Owners and sets the precedent for consistently raising the standards of our customers’ digital experiences.
- Leads the creation of site maps, concept diagrams, user personas, user scenarios, wireframes, flows, site inventory, template guidelines and annotated comps, etc.
- Hosts and/or mediates usability testing on-site.
- Leverages metrics, optimization, qualitative and quantitative research to inform and validate architectural decisions.
- Translates market requirements, user needs, and input from cross-functional teams into design solutions.
- Communicates a clear vision of best-in-class designs.
- Conceptualizes and presents interactive mobile wireframe applications to project stakeholders.
- Takes ideas from concept to reality by embracing requirements and working with other members of the team to design what is possible within the constraints of the project.
- Delivers high quality work on time and within budget while showcasing important skills such as collaboration, presentation, strategy, facilitation and leadership.
- Thinks holistically about the entire brand and user experience, not just projects or individual capabilities.
- Bachelor degree required, Master or specialized degree preferred.
- 7+ years’ experience in Interaction Design, Information Architecture and User Experience.
- Proven success designing outstanding, branded e-commerce and transactional experiences.
- Proven success designing world-class mobile experiences (both native app and responsive / adaptive design in browser).
- Expert ability to anticipate and design for user needs by incorporating research, strategy and analytics.
- Mastery of UX Design Principles and Interaction deliverables including rapid prototyping, site maps, concept diagrams, user personas, user scenarios, wireframes, flows, site inventory, template guidelines, usability testing, and annotated comps.
- Awareness of multimedia platforms and devices. Gamification experience is a plus.
- Social interaction design a plus, particularly around profiles and user generated content and engagement.
- Working experience with prototyping tools such as OmniGraffle, Visio, Axure, Balsamiq, Fireworks, Sketch. InVision, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Experience with the agile development methodology and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with aggressive development schedules.
- Excellent communicator with strong presentation skills.
As you’ve probably guessed, OverDrive is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else, we don’t even want you to be like us—we want you to be like you! So if you’re interested in joining the OverDrive team, email us your resume at email@example.com and tell us what inspires you about OverDrive and why you think you are perfect for our team.