The UI/UX Designer’s responsibilities include designing the user interface (UI) of various OverDrive software products and websites to ensure a quality user experience (UX).
- Develop and adhere to a process for prototyping and implementing the UI for software / website features in accordance with UX and UI standards.
- Independently address issues that affect UI / UX development.
- Work on small projects with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Work on larger projects with guidance and supervision.
- Basic R&D to create and apply new features / services to software within current framework.
- Produce detailed interaction design specifications for the product development team.
- Bachelor degree in related field, or equivalent experience.
- 1 – 5 years of design experience, designing highly interactive and marketable UXs and UIs.
- Experience in user interface (UI) requirements / best practices and creation of a quality user experience (UX), as well as Human Factors theory.
- Experience with user interface design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to software and web-based applications.
- Experience with wireframe and story board creation, preparing UI design for mobile and web platform development teams.
- Willingness to learn and take on new challenges and responsibilities.
- Ability to work across teams to understand customer needs as part of the development of meaningful and intuitive UI / UX.
- Exceptional organizational skills and initiative. Demonstrated ability to complete assigned tasks and objectives, meet timelines, and provide updates.
- Proficient / experience with design best practices for iOS, Android, Windows Phone, OSX, Windows, and web-based solutions.
As you’ve probably guessed, OverDrive is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else, we don’t even want you to be like us—we want you to be like you! So if you’re interested in joining the OverDrive team, email us your resume at email@example.com and tell us what inspires you about OverDrive and why you think you are perfect for our team.