The User Experience Analyst’s responsibilities include serving as the “voice of the user” by leading efforts to gather and analyze client feedback through usability analysis and evaluation techniques, while also supporting the OverDrive’s accessibility effort. This position will work closely with members of Software Development and Library Partner Services to design the appropriate user-centered approach to support the development and enhancement of new and existing products and websites.
This position will lead all aspects of planning, executing, and analyzing the research, driving multiple research projects at any given time. This position works closely with the User Interface/User Experience Team to identify opportunities for improving the user experience across OverDrive’s products, and continuously serve as an advocate for the client. This position will also serve as a liaison to various departments, devising research plans for their roadmaps.
- Work closely with Product Manager(s), IT, UI/UX Designers and Developers and other stakeholders to translate business requirements into meaningful and consistent experiences.
- Partner with leaders across the company to develop a strategy and research plan to support their roadmaps (including usability testing, contextual inquiry, surveys) for new product designs and existing products.
- Produce reports of findings from user experience activities and present them to a variety of audiences within OverDrive.
- Educate other OverDrive departments in the use of user experience techniques and mentor other team members in these techniques.
- Evaluate and recommend new tools and methods to support the work of the User Interface/User Experience team.
- Advocate for the client during requirements and product discussions, providing expert usability guidance.
- Support aspects of the firm’s accessibility initiative, including accessibility testing and educating others on accessibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent experience.
- 1 – 5 years of user research and conducting usability tests.
- Experience with wireframe and story board creation, preparing UI design for mobile and web platform development teams.
- Willingness to learn and take on new challenges and responsibilities.
- Ability to work across teams to understand customer needs as part of the development process.
- Exceptional organizational skills and initiative. Demonstrated ability to complete assigned tasks and objectives, meet timelines, and provide updates.
As you’ve probably guessed, OverDrive is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else, we don’t even want you to be like us—we want you to be like you! So if you’re interested in joining the OverDrive team, email us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what inspires you about OverDrive and why you think you are perfect for our team.
OverDrive values diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.