A better way to buy and use digital content
Your central digital content solution
Top content from highest-quality publishers
We offer more than 2 million titles from 5,000 publishers to support curriculum and instruction goals. Our experienced team of educational content experts works hand-in-hand with districts and schools to select the exact combination of digital content tailored to their unique priorities and resources. Read more.
Cost effective, district/school model
We work directly with publishers you know and trust to offer districts and schools the best prices on content, and you only pay for the titles you want. Most digital titles never need to be replaced, and having an organization-wide content access platform reduces the number of copies that have to be purchased. Contact us for a free needs analysis.
Ease of use and device compatibility
We put your digital content collection on one easy-to-use website that’s available to students and educators 24/7/365. Our content is compatible with all major devices – including popular tablets, Kindle® (U.S. only) and Chromebooks – and can be used online or offline.
Expert Support For Deep Integration & Implementation
We’re your partner every step of the way in making a successful transition to digital:
- Technical – You’ll have a dedicated Account Specialist to answer any questions and your entire school community will have access to our expansive “OverDrive Help” online resources. We even offer Front Line Tech Support to shift student and educator assistance directly to OverDrive.
- Collection development – Our experienced team of school content experts will work with you to select the right titles to serve your students’ and educators’ unique reading and learning needs.
- Training – From on-site tutorials to live and on-demand webinars, you’ll have all the resources you need to fully leverage all aspects of your digital content service.
- Marketing – It’s important to promote your new service. We’ll give you a custom suite of multimedia resources to get the word out across the school community and continuously provide best practices in engagement.
We know what it takes to ensure deep digital integration and implementation.
See us at work in the classroom
- District-wide 1:1 (short)
St. Vrain Valley School District (CO) students, teachers and administrators discuss the implementation of digital content to power their 1:1 initiative. See an extended video in the next tab.
- District-wide 1:1 (full)
St. Vrain Valley School District (CO) students, teachers and administrators discuss the implementation of digital content to power their 1:1 initiative.
- Digital novel sets
Schools across the country are moving their novel study programs from print to digital.
- Here’s a look at the most popular titles making this critical shift (PDF)
- Download an overview of OverDrive’s digital novel set catalog and features (PDF)
- Librarian leads digital shift
Students at New York’s Heim Middle School begin each day with a 20-minute independent reading session using eBooks. Read about this classroom program spearheaded by Library Media Specialist David Sala.