OverDrive Marketplace Launches at American Library Association Annual Conference
World’s largest eBook, audiobook and digital media lending catalog provides acquisition innovations for institutional collections
Cleveland – June 18, 2013 – OverDrive, the world’s largest supplier of eBooks and audiobooks to more than 22,000 schools and libraries, announced today that it will re-launch at the American Library Association Annual Conference its Content Reserve collection development portal as OverDrive Marketplace, the most comprehensive platform for institutions to source premium, in-copyright digital materials for library, school and institutional lending. Based on 13 years of success and market experience from OverDrive’s Content Reserve platform, OverDrive Marketplace provides librarians instant access to discover, sample and buy best-selling eBooks, audiobooks, music and video across genres and publishing segments.
In addition to demonstrating OverDrive Marketplace and new collections of eBooks (EPUB and titles for Kindle in the US) and MP3 audiobooks, OverDrive will preview its new streaming video catalog at booth #953 at the American Library Association Annual Conference & Exhibition at McCormick Place in Chicago, June 27 to July 2.
“Since 2000, OverDrive has sold hundreds of millions of dollars’ worth of eBooks and audiobooks for authors and publishers worldwide,” said Don Fabricant, Chief Sales Officer for OverDrive. “OverDrive Marketplace enables institutional buyers and sellers to utilize the most robust business-to-business digital media marketplace for acquiring the most sought-after eBooks, audiobooks and other media in more than 50 languages. Updated daily with up to 40,000 new titles added each month, selectors can discover, sample and buy materials for their readers from thousands of OverDrive-hosted library catalogs that can then be read on most devices in the browser or the OverDrive Media Console app,” he added.
OverDrive is a trusted partner to leading publishers and thousands of authors worldwide for sales, distribution and lending fulfillment, including Random House, HarperCollins, Simon & Schuster, Macmillan, Hachette, John Wiley & Sons, Pearson, Harlequin, AudioGO, Blackstone Audiobooks and Sourcebooks, among others. OverDrive Marketplace is part of the “Next Generation” series of innovations that OverDrive first introduced to the school and library market last year. The new platform optimizes the user experience through redesigned websites, integration with online catalogs via API and other enhancements. New features of OverDrive Marketplace include:
- New search performance and filters for formats, genres, age groups and more
- Compatible with all major PC & Mac browsers and Android and iPad tablets
- Instant preview and samples of eBooks, audiobooks, music and video
- Customizable collection development routines, including “Saved Searches”
- Direct integration with library lending platform for instant data on titles with holds, circulation statistics, and more
- Shopping and selection of materials by publisher access terms (i.e. ‘One Copy/One User’, ‘Metered Access’ and ‘Simultaneous Use’)
- MARC Express – Free MARC records delivered directly to your library (available late summer)
- K-12 educational cataloging data for schools and in support of literacy programs, including:
- Lexile reading levels
- Reading grade levels
- Accelerated Reader scores
- Cart Manager that enables selectors to create multiple “shopping carts” and collaborate with others with real-time information on title status by all users in the library
To find a participating library near you, visit http://search.overdrive.com.
OverDrive is a leading multichannel digital distributor of eBooks, digital audiobooks, music and video. We supply a secure lending platform for 22,000 libraries, schools and retailers worldwide with support for all major computers and devices, including iPhone®, iPad®, Nook®, Android™ phones and tablets, and Kindle® (U.S. only). OverDrive has been named to the EContent 100 as a company that matters most in the digital content industry and is a member of the 2012 Technology Fast 500. Founded in 1986, OverDrive is based in Cleveland. www.overdrive.com.
# # #