The OverDrive Collection Development Elves’ Most Requested End of the Year Lists
By: Annie Suhy, Collection Development Analyst.
Consumers aren’t the only ones swiping their credit cards this holiday season. As librarians, you’re shopping too, but instead of Hatchimals and LED TVs, it’s books. You’re loading up on digital content in preparation for the holiday rush, which descends upon the library just after the Christmas holiday. Happy new owners of tablets, readers, and phones look to your library to fill up the new devices with free and fun content.
To prepare for the rush, you’ve already been busy stocking up on “gifts” to your patrons. Maybe it’s fulfilling holds for an instant circulation boost or choosing shiny new titles that will catch a reader’s eye. The Collection Development elves have been busy, too, spreading eBook joy, answering requests, creating lists, checking them twice, and making sure everyone finds the perfect titles for their library.
Most requested end of year lists from OverDrive Staff Librarians
• OverDrive’s Best Books of 2016: Adult
• OverDrive’s Best Books of 2016: Kids & Teens
• “Zombie” Holds—what’s that, you ask?
• Best of OverDrive’s Holiday Sale
• On Sale & On Hold at Your Library
• Audiobooks of eBooks You Don’t Own (personalized carts available in your account!)
• eBooks of Audiobooks You Don’t Own (personalized carts available in your account!)
Is your library ready for the rush? We’re happy to help create lists for your library’s specific needs. Email us with requests.
Browse blog and media articles
Public Library Training
K-12 Library Training