5 reasons we’re excited for Quidditch Through the Ages
The magic of J.K. Rowling’s Wizarding World continues! On top of the classic adventures of Harry, Ron and Hermione, fans of J.K. Rowling’s Wizarding World have also been treated to the Hogwarts Library book collection, which now includes audiobooks of two of the most popular books in the Hogwarts School Library – Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and released today, Quidditch Through the Ages, both available in OverDrive Marketplace.
The noble sport of Quidditch is much loved by many wizard and Muggle families. This definitive guide by the esteemed Quidditch writer Kennilworthy Whisp charts the game’s history from its early origins in the medieval mists on Queerditch Marsh through to the modern-day sport. This is a must-have sporting bible for all Harry Potter fans and Quidditch lovers and players, whether the weekend amateur or the seasoned Chudley Cannons season-ticket holder.
To show our excitement for this new audiobook, we thought we’d provide you with five reasons why we can’t wait to grab our earbuds and listen. Brooms ready!
- This new audiobook is narrated by Andrew Lincoln. Andrew is best known as Rick on The Walking Dead(though you may also recognize him as Mark in Love Actually) and he joins a long line of esteemed voice actors who have narrated Wizarding World titles such as Jim Dale and Eddie Redmayne.
- K. Rowling herself wrote the book as esteemed Quidditch writer Kennilworthy Whisp. Who better to provide us the details of the evolution of broomsticks, how the Golden Snitch came to be, and how they prevent Muggles from stumbling upon a match.
- Obviously, we all know about the Chudley Cannons and the Holyhead Harpies but what about the ancient teams that came before them? Did you know the Golden Snitch was substituted by a rare species of bird, the Golden Snidget? This new audiobook is packed with fascinating facts and contains all you ever need to know about Quidditch.
- *Portion of the proceeds received by Pottermore Limited from this audiobook will be made available to Comic Relief and Lumos Foundation for their work with children and young people to help them have a better life.
- This audio edition of Quidditch Through the Agesalso includes over an hour and a half of exclusive bonus content, featuring The History of the Quidditch World Cup, written by J.K. Rowling in 2014, now brought to life in audio for the first time. Explore some of the Daily Prophet’s reports, via the voices of our two commentators, Ginny Potter and Rita Skeeter. Feel like you’re listening to a real-life Quidditch match with this unexpected duo as they report live on the Final of the 2014 Quidditch World Cup.
15% of the proceeds* received by Pottermore Limited from this audiobook will be made available by the publisher to Comic Relief and Lumos Foundation for their work with children and young people to help them have a better life. 20% of these monies will be used by Comic Relief and 80% will be used by Lumos Foundation.
Comic Relief is a registered charity in the UK with charity nos. 326568 (England/Wales) and SC039730 (Scotland). Lumos Foundation is a registered charity in the UK with no. 1112575.
*Proceeds means the cash-price or cash-equivalent price less sales taxes
Browse blog and media articles
Public Library Training
K-12 Library Training