See innovations from OverDrive at ALA Midwinter 2015
Are you going to ALA Midwinter in Chicago this weekend? If so, stop by booth #2623 to see full-scale demonstrations of cutting-edge technology, including:
- Narrated eBooks: Synced audio-to-text now live with more than 800 titles available to libraries and schools
- EPUB3 fixed-layout eBooks: OverDrive Read’s HTML5 browser-based technology recently launched support for fixed-layout EPUB3 eBooks, allowing illustrated titles for children and adults to be displayed with two-page views. Includes many never-before-available titles for library lending, such as the iconic Dr. Seuss series. See a sample, here.
- Browser-based Instant Audiobooks: Coming soon, Instant Audiobooks from OverDrive will be demonstrated for the first time at ALA Midwinter. No software or downloads required. Just see book and begin listening.
- OverDrive Periodicals: OverDrive and NOOK Media have partnered to make popular magazines and newspapers available through libraries and schools. Live in several pilot libraries, OverDrive Periodicals will become widely available in the coming months.
- Streaming Video: See the latest blockbuster hits, documentaries, TV series, instructional and children’s films through OverDrive’s streaming video service, now live with thousands of titles for libraries and schools.
On Sunday, February 1 from 10:30-11:30 a.m., OverDrive’s CEO Steve Potash will be participating in a panel discussion about the best ways for libraries to bring together authors and readers in the digital age. Stop by the McCormick Convention Center room W196B to attend the session “ALA DCWG: Libraries and Ebooks — Where Do We Go from Here?”
See you in Chicago!