Penguin Random House scholarship recipients to be honored at OverDrive’s Digipalooza conference
CLEVELAND—April 1, 2015—OverDrive, the leading eBook and audiobook platform for libraries and schools, and Penguin Random House are proud to announce the winners of the 2015 Penguin Random House Digipalooza Scholarship. Digipalooza (http://digipalooza.com), OverDrive’s international user group conference for partner libraries and schools from the OverDrive worldwide network, will take place August 5-7, 2015 in Cleveland, Ohio. As a Conference Partner at Digipalooza, Penguin Random House sponsored a scholarship program to enable the attendance of five public library professionals and five school librarians and media specialists.
The 2015 Penguin Random House Digipalooza Scholarship Recipients are:
- Jill Graboski, Assistant Director at Newton Free Library, member of Minuteman Library Network (MA)
- Elizabeth Johnson, Technical Services Manager at La Porte County Public Library (IN)
- Cynthia Laino, Digital Books Librarian at C/W MARS, Inc. (MA)
- Elizabeth Steyer, Digital Services Librarian at Chesapeake Public Library System (VA)
- Elizabeth Woodard, eBooks Librarian at Norfolk Public Library (VA)
- Sarah Bober, District Library Specialist at Saint Paul Public Schools (MN)
- Pamela King, Media Instructional Resource Specialist at South Houston Intermediate, member of Pasadena Independent School District (TX)
- Jennifer Peterson, District Library Media Supervisor at Menasha Joint School District Libraries (WI)
- David Saia, Librarian at Heim Middle School/Williamsville Central Schools, member of Williamsville Central School District (NY)
- Sarah Stonesifer, Librarian at St. Andrew’s Episcopal School (MD)
Scholarship winners will be recognized at Digipalooza and are invited to an exclusive cocktail event during the conference with the sponsor, Penguin Random House.
Digipalooza registration is open now to all OverDrive library and school partners and includes admission to conference sessions, meals and entrance to special events, including an evening of dinner, dancing and access to all exhibits at the historic Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Space is limited and filling quickly! Learn more about the program, networking opportunities, and registration at http://digipalooza.com .
OverDrive is the leading global digital distribution platform, supplying the industry’s largest catalog of eBooks, audiobooks, periodicals and streaming video to 33,000 libraries, schools and retailers worldwide. We support all major computers and devices, including iPhone®, iPad®, Nook®, Android™ phones and tablets, Chromebook™, and Kindle® (U.S. only). OverDrive offers all digital media on a single platform, and offers APIs to streamline a seamless user experience. OverDrive Read, the breakthrough EPUB and HTML5 browser-based reading experience, now supports fixed layout and narrated eBooks. Founded in 1986, OverDrive is based in Cleveland, Ohio USA. www.overdrive.com
Director of Marketing & Communications
216-573-6886 ext. 218
# # #
Browse blog and media articles
Public Library Training
K-12 Library Training