25 ways to get outdoors this spring. #8 is our favorite.
As the seasons finally shift, April sunshine invites us to ditch those winter layers and soak up the sun with our favorite warm-weather pastimes. So whether you’re an avid outdoorsman or more of a beach bum, here are some outdoorsy ideas to get you off the couch and into the summer spirit. And with baseball season in full swing, check out our J/YA baseball book recommendations, or check out our Summer Read titles.
1. Take a hike
2. Plan a picnic with friends
3. Visit the Farmer’s Market
4. Ride bikes
5. Attend a music festival
6. Two words: ice. cream.
7. Watch the sunset
8. Find the perfect tree to curl up under (or in!) and READ
9. Go rollerblading (see: #4)
10. Tie dye something (or everything)
11. Go camping. Glamping maybe?
12. Hit the pool or beach. But not literally.
13. Sports! Play one, watch one, or invent a new one.
14. Plant a garden
15. Check on the anxiety levels of your favorite zoo animals
16. Make a bonfire
17. Take a trip to the fair
18. Walk your dog. Or cat. Or whatever.
19. How about a wee dab of birdwatching?
20. Play in the sprinkler
21. Unwind with a relaxing afternoon of fishing
22. Attend a holiday parade
23. Hang around the park with a friend
24. Fly a kite
25. Go stargazing
All gifs via GIPHY