Introducing new Databases & Streaming Media services
We’re excited to introduce a new category of content for your library’s digital collection: Databases & Streaming Media services! These services include a wide variety of compelling content providers that offer new opportunities to engage your community with entertainment, education and unique digital experiences.
Users will be able to discover and access databases and streaming media services through the Libby app, alongside the ebooks, audiobooks and magazines you currently offer.
Why offer these new Databases & Streaming Media services to your community?
- Reach new users with diversified content
- Consolidation in Libby makes it easy for users to discover your library’s digital offerings
- Expanded digital resources can tie in with your existing programming
- Easy management of all platforms and services within OverDrive Marketplace
- Content accessed via these services will not count against user checkout limits
What services are available?
- ArtistWorks: World-class instruction for the most popular string and band instruments through self-paced video lessons from professional musicians.
- Craftsy: An online resource for all creative makers from basic instruction to advanced techniques for fabric and yarn crafts, baking, drawing, and much more.
- The Great Courses: Engaging and understandable lectures by esteemed professors, professionals, and experts in topics ranging from history, better living, science, language learning, and more.
- iNDIEFLIX: A streaming movie service of pop culture favorites, box office hits, award-winning feature films, documentaries, and shorts.
- Learn It Live: Live and on-demand classes, quick tip videos, and programs for wellness and personal development.
- Method Learning: Lessons and resources that help students prepare for the SAT and ACT.
- Qello: The world’s largest collection of full-length concerts and music documentaries.
- Universal Class: Lifelong learning courses in over 30 subject areas, many of which offer continuing education units (CEUs).
- LawDepot: High-quality, easy-to-use and completely customizable legal documents and templates.
*Provider and content availability may vary, as distribution permissions allow.
Ready to get started?
Visit Databases & Streaming Media under the Shop tab in Marketplace to learn more and add these services to your collection. And don’t forget to visit the OverDrive Resource Center for promotional materials to get the word out about your new offerings.
Want to learn more about how to engage your community with Databases & Streaming Media services? Watch our on-demand webinar for an overview of these services including differentiating between access models, managing budgets and how users will discover and access this content through Libby.
If you have any questions about our new Databases & Streaming Media services, please reach out to your Account Manager.