7 ways to get your students reading this summer
This year’s 10-week Summer Read program is the longest ever, running June 6 – August 15 with 30 free and simultaneous use juvenile and young adult ebooks, select audiobook and Read-Along options. These titles will be prominently displayed in Sora so it’s easy for students to find their next book and chill out and read.
But how will they know to go to Sora at all? Here are some easy promotional ideas for your library, school and community, ready for download and printing at the Resource Center.
Print and download materials at the Resource Center
- Use a staff memo and parent letter to get adults on board early
- Promote the program or specific books on social media with ready-made web-graphics
- Use colorful posters, table talkers and handouts to spread the word in your building
- Offer reading incentives using completed worksheets from your student readers
More Summer Read promo ideas
- Promote Sora! Promoting Sora promotes Summer Read: The program will be featured prominently on the app. Try ID reminder cards, right.
- Check out the Professional Book Nerds podcast to learn about our favorite Summer Read titles
- Share the program with your community through robocalls, newsletters or apps like Remind, ManageBac or Infinite Campus
Download Sora for free from your app store, or go to https://soraapp.com.