Go all in on Libby
Beginning in late July, OverDrive app users will be prompted to switch to Libby. We’re excited to take the next step with Libby and make it the primary way to enjoy your digital library, with a goal of fully discontinuing the OverDrive app in early 2023.
Libby offers many unique features that support a library’s mission to delight every reader in the community, including direct in-app support, unlimited tags to track wish lists and favorite reads, access to extra entertainment and learning services, and more. We know some of our library partners use Recommend to Library (RTL) to inform collection development. We are actively working on a new solution for title recommendations in Libby based on partner and user feedback. This feature will be available in Libby before the OverDrive app is discontinued. Stay tuned for additional details.
For library staff:
- Bookmark this Resource Center page for helpful FAQs, a preparation checklist, and staff training materials.
- Use this marketing kit to help get the word out to your staff and community.
- Watch the recorded session Transitioning to Libby: Live Q&A with team OverDrive (June 2022) to learn more from our Training Team.
- Beginning in late July, in-app messaging will link users to this overview page for more information, FAQs, and helpful video tutorials.
- How-to videos on Libby Help walk users through how to use the app.
- Beginning in August, your users can sign up for virtual training sessions hosted by team OverDrive.
- While Amazon has not yet accepted our submission of the Libby app to the Amazon Appstore, Kindle Fire users can now download the app onto their device manually. These steps are also linked to from https://www.overdrive.com/apps/libby.
As always, library partners can reach out to their OverDrive Account Manager with any questions.
Browse blog and media articles
Public Library Training
K-12 Library Training