Take advantage of flexible access models to support your community reading programs. Combine Simultaneous Use or Per-Unit access with a time limit to maximize cost effectiveness.
Book Club Model
The Book Club Model allows libraries to serve their communities through long and short-term bulk sales. Now you can support your book clubs and community reading programs with eBooks. Special sale pricing meets the needs of library budgets and puts authors’ works in the hands of more readers.
Libraries have built engaging campaigns around these successful digital book clubs, including dedicated websites, organized group discussions and even special author appearances.
BOOK CLUB MODEL OPTIONS
For a flat fee, the title can be accessed by an entire community at any time for six months to one year
Multiple units are sold to the OverDrive library partner at a reduced rate, with an access period as short as 30 days
Big Library Read
The Big Library Read is the first-ever “global eBook club,” connecting readers around the world who read the same eBook at the same time from their library. Over the past four years, thousands of libraries and schools and millions of readers have embraced the program.
Visit BigLibraryRead.com or contact your Account Specialist today to learn more about Big Library Read.
how it works
- OverDrive works with publishers to develop a list of potential titles for the upcoming Big Library Read, scheduled for three different two-week periods in 2016
- Librarians and readers vote online for the title
- OverDrive announces the selected title
- Participating libraries support Big Library Read through a variety of creative promotional efforts
- Readers enjoy the title and share their thoughts through the online discussion board and across other channels in communities around the world
Previous Big Library Read Titles
To participate in OverDrive’s Book Club model by library or globally (Big Library Read),
contact your Publisher Account Services Specialist today.