Celebrate Read an eBook Day and win content credit from OverDrive!
We are excited to share that OverDrive will once again be celebrating Read an eBook Day on September 18th. This year we’re giving away four separate content credits of $2,500 to libraries who are celebrating Read an eBook Day. Simply mention OverDrive in a social media post using the hashtag #eBookLove and to share how your library is celebrating. Throughout the day, OverDrive will randomly select four libraries as winners.*
The purpose of Read an eBook Day is to celebrate digital reading as a great way to connect readers with their libraries and authors they love. Given that September is Library Card Sign-up Month we think Read an eBook Day is the perfect time to introduce all your new users to your digital collection! Libraries and users alike are encouraged to share what they’re reading and how they are celebrating on social media and join the #eBookLove conversation. You can also send users to http://readanebookday.com/ for reading recommendations based on their favorite genres.
To help spread the word and get your community excited about your digital library we have three quick promotional ideas for you to use:
- Issue a press release to your local news outlets. We’ve created a template you can download here.
- Put a link to your digital collection prominently on your library website (We have provided 3 graphics you can use here, here and here).
- Use these marketing materials to promote both inside and outside your community
- ¼ sheet “I’m reading an eBook on Read an eBook Day” pledges
- “I Love eBooks from my Library!” Stickers
We hope that you will join us in celebrating digital reading and help bring new users to your library!
*Official rules can be downloaded here.
Browse blog and media articles
Public Library Training
K-12 Library Training