Streaming Video Round-Up
By: Rachel Woods, Librarian and Collection Development Analyst with OverDrive
I love Fridays.
That shouldn’t come as a surprise because lots of people love Fridays, but probably not for the same reason that I do. Fridays are when I get my favorite email (yes, an email): a list of all the new streaming videos that OverDrive added that week. The list is about as eclectic as you would imagine, with new exercise videos, TV shows, award-winning documentaries, and feature films. Every week is different. And, since I can’t forward that email out to all my fellow movie enthusiasts, I’m doing this blog post to give you a few highlights. Here are some neat titles that arrived in May:
- A Bone to Pick with Candace Cameron Bure starring as Aurora Teagarden, the mystery-solving librarian from the books by Charlaine Harris.
- Moomins and the Comet Chase features the vocal talents of Alexander Skargård, Max Von Sydow, and Mads Mikkelsen. Moomins and his friends set out to save the earth from an approaching comet.
- The Remarkable 20th Century has each episode focusing on a different decade and the things going on around the world. This is the one I can’t wait to watch. Check out the sample!
- Help I’ve Shrunk the Family is based on a Dutch children’s book about a tiny man who occasionally messes things up with his magic.
- Greenhorn is based on the true story of a young Holocaust survivor sent to Brooklyn in 1946 who befriends a boy with a stutter as they deal with bullying.
- Aladdin is an animated version of the classic fairy tale paired with American Sign Language. There are several titles in this series.
- On A Long Breath follows world champion free-diver Pierre Frolla as he explores oceans around the world.
- The Brave One was the 1956 winner of Best Screenplay about a boy raising a pet bull.
These are just a couple of the interesting titles we got in May. Grab your popcorn and start streaming!
If you have a Marketplace account, you can see the full list of new May titles here.
Browse blog and media articles
Public Library Training
K-12 Library Training
Leave a Reply