Ending soon – enter the School Stars contest today!
Since February, we’ve been collecting your entries for the School Stars contest. So far, we’ve seen so many awesome submissions, from amazing bulletin board displays, to memes, to videos and more! Your entries are creative, funny, heart-warming, and inspiring. We love getting a glimpse into the work you’re doing every day to promote reading and Sora alongside your students.
This year the School Stars contest took off on Feb. 6, but there are still a few days left to enter! Entries are accepted through the end-of-day on Mar. 31. If you’re already promoting Sora in your school, simply document it with a photo or video and submit it to the contest! It’s quick, easy, free to enter and there’s no promotion that’s too small.
Need a refresher on what’s up for grabs?
The GRAND PRIZE winner (1 winner) will walk away with $2,500 USD in content credit to put towards growing their digital collection, PLUS 1,000 Sora silicone wrist bands to share with their students. Each winner will also receive a School Stars winner poster and digital badge to show off their accomplishment!
While there can only be one grand prize winner, there are 10 other chances to win, too!
CATEGORY WINNER (1 per category, 5 winners total): US$500 in content credit PLUS 1 School Stars winner poster for your school and 1 digital badge
CATEGROY RUNNER-UP (1 per category, 5 winners total): US$250 in content credit PLUS 1 School Stars winner poster for your school and 1 digital badge
The categories for entry are:
- Best in Visual/Virtual Display or Bulletin Board: Share your best visual or virtual Sora display! This could be anything from a compelling Zoom background, a unique bulletin board or a towering display case.
- Best in Social Media: Share how you promoted Sora across your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) to engage your school community.
- Best Community Engagement: Have you spread the word about Sora beyond the classroom? Share how you’ve achieved the buy-in of your community; whether it’s through partnering with the local library (Public Library CONNECT), encouraging parent/guardian engagement, increasing faculty and administrator support, etc., we want to hear about it!
- Best use of Sora in the Classroom: Show us how you’ve integrated Sora into the classroom to support your learning objectives with lessons, activities or assignments.
- Best Student-Made Submission: Sora’s impact on your students fuels our work. Share how your students have shown their love for Sora and spread that love to their classmates. Maybe it was a fun video, presentation or even a song! We welcome all mediums.
While we have entries in every category, the two with the fewest entries so far are “Student-Made Submission” and “Social Media.” Fewer entries mean higher odds of winning!
Browse blog and media articles
Public Library Training
K-12 Library Training