Save-the-Date: School Stars 2024 returns Feb. 5
Oh, snap! Our annual School Stars contest is back again for 2024, and this year we’re sporting a “We Love the 90s” theme.
School Stars is our annual search for the top school who is promoting Sora within their school community. The contest runs Feb. 5 – Mar. 29, 2024, and anything – we mean anything! – you’ve done to promote Sora during the 2023/2024 school year is eligible for submission. And did we mention the (super fly) prizes that you can win?
Keep reading to get the 411 on this year’s contest and those awesome prizes.
Each year, our submissions are broken down into categories. Your school can enter up to five times – once per category. (And while this year’s contest theme may be 90s-inspired, that doesn’t mean your submissions need to be. They can be anything you’ve worked on, no matter how big or small!)
- Best in Visual/Virtual Display or Bulletin Board – If you’ve ever promoted Sora on a bulletin board or on a digital screen, we want to see it!
- Best in Social Media – Does your school use social media? Share with us how you’ve used your platforms to promote Sora and engage your community.
- Best Community Engagement – Your school walls don’t have to be the stopping point for your Sora promotion. If you’ve engaged with your school community to encourage at-home reading, faculty engagement, worked with your public library, or more, this category is for you.
- Best use of Sora in the Classroom – Titles in Sora can be used for pleasure reading or for classroom curriculum use. This category is for you to show off how you’ve used Sora in your classes to support learning objectives, activities, assignments, and to foster your student’s learning.
- Best Student-Made Submission – Sora was made for students, and we’d love to see how yours are loving and using the platform. Show us how your students spread the word about your digital collection to their peers, parents, or school community.
Not reward you for all of that hard work? As if!
While you’re all stars in our eyes, there can only be 11 official School Stars prize-winners. Details about this year’s prizes are below.
- Grand Prize (Best Overall – one winner) – One Grand prize winner will receive $2,500.00 USD in Content Credit, 1,000 glitter School Stars winner stickers, and one School Stars winner poster.
- Best in Category (one winner per category, five total winners) – Each category winner will receive $500 USD in Content Credit, 100 glitter School Stars winner stickers, and one School Stars winner poster.
- Category Runner-Up (one runner-up per category, five total winners) – The runner-up in each category will receive $250 in Content Credit, 100 glitter School Stars winner stickers, and one School Stars winner poster.
So, is your school all that and a bag of chips? Show us! We can’t wait to see how you’ve been promoting Sora this school year.
About the Author:
Emily Balser is an Integrated Marketing Specialist at OverDrive. She has Bachelor’s degrees in English and Journalism from Ohio State (Go Bucks!), a graduate-level certificate in publishing from the New York University Summer Publishing Institute, and a Masters in English Literature from the University of Akron. She loves to travel and always tries the local coffee shop anywhere she goes.
Browse blog and media articles
Public Library Training
K-12 Library Training