Boost circulation and meet patron demand using curated collections
Did you know you can customize the collections that appear on your OverDrive site and in Libby? Just like the displays you have at your physical library, curating collections on OverDrive allows you to showcase new titles, format-specific content, or any books that fit a particular theme, season, or holiday. The possibilities are endless!
During this time, when your users are turning to your digital collection now more than ever, curated collections are an opportunity to engage with them through unique lists that show the wide range of your collection. To learn more about curated collections and how you can start making your own, we have an on-demand video that you can watch at any time.
Curated Collection Best Practices:
- Change out the lists on a regular basis, such as monthly or weekly. This will encourage users to return to your OverDrive site to see what’s new
- When making curated collections be sure to set them as “Show all titles, but show available first”
- Use our new Lucky Day feature to designate select copies of popular titles as available without waitlists or holds and put them all in a curated collection
- Visit the Resource Center for inspiration! Our team of Collection Development librarians is always working to make recommended lists that you can use if you need ideas
- Highlight one title weekly or daily from your own collection, such as a Simultaneous Use title or a previously popular title that you have a lot of available copies of that are no longer in use (e.g. The Help, Gone Girl)
- Create an automated collection and set it to feature low circulating content first to bring out some of your collection’s backlist titles
- Plan collections in advance and keep them as drafts. This way you will always have something ready when you need to refresh your OverDrive page